NEWS CENTER – In the second section of the fourth part on the question of where the banned weapons and warfare agents that the Turkish occupation army has been using against the guerrillas of the Freedom of Kurdistan actually come from, on the issues of tactical nuclear bombs. Although Turkey has access to nuclear explosive devices and weapons within the framework of NATO’s nuclear sharing, it is not officially allowed to dispose of them independently. So, in this section, our news agency explores the question of where the deployed tactical nuclear weapons come from that the Turkish occupation soldiers have used in a multitude against the guerrillas in the Zap, Metîna and Avaşin resistance areas.
3.2 POISON GAS AND CHEMICAL WEAPONS
3.2.2 PULMONARY AGENTS – GREEN CROSS – GREEN CROSS
3.2.3 YELLOW CROSS MUSTART – YELLOW CROSS – SKIN COMBATANT
MUSTARD GAS- LOST
3.2.4 BLOOD WARFARE AGENT
HYDROGEN CYANIDE – HYDROCYANIC ACID
3.2.5 PSYCHOLOGICAL WARFARE AGENTS
3.2.6 OCULAR WARFARE AGENTS – WHITE CROSS/DRINKING GAS
3.4.3 ATOMIC DEMOLITION MUNITIONS (ADM)
4.2 THE ROLE OF THE IRAQI GOVERNMENT
4.4 WHERE DO THE WEAPONS COME FROM?
4.4.1 TACTICAL NUKES ARE NATO’S WEAPON
After the Turkish occupying state had repeatedly emphasized that they too wanted to acquire nuclear weapons, this was clearly rejected by NATO partners. However, the fascist AKP leader Erdogan did not let himself be dismissed with this and declared at the economic forum in the city of Sivas:
- “Some countries have missiles with nuclear warheads, not just one or two. But they tell us we can’t have them. I don’t accept that.” Erdogan reasoned that there would be “no developed nation in the world” without nuclear weapons. Despite the fact that Turkey signed the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty in the 1980s, it is clear that the fascist head of state has no intention of abiding by this agreement. He did not make any more specific statements about his future actions on this issue, reserving instead to praise the developments of Turkish weapons research and industry, noting “At present, we are continuing our work.”
That was in September 2019, today the Turkish occupying state is using tactical nuclear weapons in a new format against the guerrillas in the mountains. Although the international public does not want to believe the guerrillas’ evidence, it is obvious that the Turkish occupying state is using new forms of tactical nuclear weapons against the guerrillas, developed specifically for this war against the guerrillas.
Where do the tactical nuclear weapons come from that the Turkish occupation forces are using and have used on and off in the past in the war against the guerrillas in the Medya defense areas?
More precise information on nuclear weapons research, on stockpiles, where and how and how many weapons are stored is only disclosed to the public to a very limited extent.
Where exactly these weapons come from is not known. It is known, however, that on the one hand Turkey has knowledge in the handling of nuclear weapons, due to the fact that the US nuclear weapons are stored in the Incirlik military base of the Turkish Air Force within the framework of NATO’s “nuclear sharing”.
On the other hand, it is also known that nuclear power plants are operated in Turkey through the Russian company Rosatom, which is linked to the Russian state, from which it can be concluded that Turkey is at least in possession of uranium. During the planning and construction of the nuclear power plants, it was already suspected in the public press that the nuclear power plants in Turkey were less about the necessary energy production, which could be provided much more efficiently in Turkey with solar and wind energy, than about the option to build nuclear weapons. In this regard, the daily newspaper taz stated:
- “In view of the costs and dependence on Russia that the project entails, critics are of the opinion that the real reason for building nuclear power plants is not the need for energy. Rather, they want to keep open the option of building a nuclear bomb. After all, if the goal was to provide more domestic energy quickly and cheaply, solar and wind power would be much more efficient.”
Not only NATO, of which Turkey is a member and which is also described as a nuclear alliance, but also Russia has a considerable assortment and stockpile of nuclear weapons. Especially since Russia’s war of invasion of Ukraine broke out in February this year, Turkey has been cozying up to Russia, although as a NATO country it should be showing a clear front. It is well known that Turkey plays an ambiguous game and tries to find the best possible options for itself between the political powers, even though it to do so, they repeatedly step out of line and allow themselves to do things that are disapproved of in NATO, such as buying the Russian missile defense system or negotiating drone sales of the Turkish Bayraktar (which is produced with massive technical support from NATO partners, first and foremost German production companies) and has become an important murder instrument of the Turkish occupying state in the fight against the Kurdish people and their resistance for freedom.
It is not clear where the tactical nuclear weapons that Turkey is using so massively against the guerrillas came from, but it is obvious that Turkey has considered the possibilities of such weaponization in the past and has kept its options open. As was made clear in the previous section, the tactical nuclear weapons used bear a devastating resemblance to the ADM, tactical nuclear weapons developed by NATO countries England and the United States in the event of an invasion by Warsaw Pact forces. It is very likely that research on these weapons has resumed, especially after the U.S. lifted its ban on research and development of small tactical nuclear weapons in 2004.
It can be assumed that the U.S., has massively supported Turkey in the development of these weapons, or has itself transferred these weapons to Turkey. But also England and Germany will not be uninvolved in this war and have their fingers in the game. The role of Russia can be suspected by the operation of the nuclear power plants alone.
The PKK leadership has publicly asked the NATO and U.S. administrations, as well as the governments of the relevant countries, several times to comment on this issue and to clarify whether or not they know about the use of tactical nuclear weapons and to what extent they have supported Turkey in the production or use of these weapons. However, none of the governments contacted has commented on the issue to date and has remained silent.
Duran Kalkan explained that “big nukes” are used against cities, but the small version is used against a building, a room. He explains that there are even nuclear shells that weigh one to two kilograms. He makes it clear that their effect is the same, “these bombs destroy everything, they are equally criminal” said the PKK Executive Council member.
Further Duran Kalkan stated:
- “Turkey cannot do that; America does it, France does it, England does it, Germany does it. The Turkish state buys from them. Russia makes them, now they probably buy them from Russia. So, of course, we can’t know how much they are getting. But this situation needs to be exposed. It is necessary to pursue this crime. (…) International institutions have been called and asked to fulfill their duties. It is important, meaningful, but it is necessary to respond more. It is necessary to try to mobilize the relevant institutions more, to expose this situation more and to decipher it.”
Duran Kalkan made clear in further interviews that now 98 percent of the bombs used, are tactical nuclear weapons, which would be confirmed by the reports of the Hevals from the tunnels, and in this regard addressed the role of NATO, which also sees itself as a “nuclear alliance” with “nuclear weapons for deterrence” and said:
- “One-third of NATO’s nuclear weapons inventory is tactical nuclear weapons. That’s how important they are. This weapon is used in tunnels and mountain valleys of guerrillas. They are made to be used in these places. The war is already being fought in such places. Basically, these weapons are carried in bags and backpacks. It is like this. They are fired from rifles or small ramps.”
He also elaborates on the more specific characteristics of tactical nuclear weapons, stating:
- “Another thing is that the detonation of a 4.5-kg bomb has the same effect as the detonation of a 20-ton explosive. It emits such energy. Both the sound and the effect are similar. With 4.5 kg bombs the effect of 20 tons of bombs produced. The guerrillas gave information, it was bombed with such explosives. This is not C4 or TNT. Because airplanes drop tons of bombs there. No, they drop 4-ton grenades at a time. Then it makes no sense to detonate 5-10 kg of explosives. There is no such logic.
- There are doubts about these explosions. There are dozens of types of these tactical nuclear weapons. Unlike chemical weapons, there are no such types. When they explode, they consume all the oxygen at that moment. For this reason, the nervous system of all living beings disintegrates. It burns and destroys some. There are tactical nuclear weapons that have different characteristics. They use the ones that destroy oxygen, that burn and make people crazy. We also did research. The comrades who came out of the war tunnels of Girê Sor in Avaşîn said the following, “The last time there was such an explosion, we said that the earth shook, it was not like the previous ones. We were in a closed place, we stayed for a while and then left. We saw that our hevals had fallen on the ground. We came to the door, the soldiers were not there, we went out.” It is clear that they attacked with nuclear weapons, they moved away so as not to come under the influence. It is certain that this is not a chemical weapon, it is not another explosive, when the research is completed it will turn out to be a tactical nuclear weapon. We can say that very clearly. Otherwise, that should come out.”
Duran Kalkan also elaborated on where these weapons come from that the Turkish occupying army uses and stated that the Turkish Republic produces and buys chemical weapons. Contrary to the attempts to put the responsibility only on the Turkish occupying state, Duran Kalkan made it clear that tactical nuclear weapons cannot be bought or sold because they are NATO weapons. Despite the fact that Russia and China also have nuclear weapons, Duran Kalkan explained that NATO has many of these weapons.
According to the law of war, the use of these weapons is a crime and can trigger a war, but the Turkish Republic has been using this weapon for two years. Duran Kalkan stated that the Turkish Republic has been using these weapons in Avaşîn, Zap and Metina up to 15 to 20 times a day since 2022 and this is not a weapon of Turkey but of NATO.
In this regard, Duran Kalkan addressed the Secretary General of NATO and asked:
- “Is TR using these weapons without your knowledge or with your permission? The public is waiting for your answer. If it turns out, it means that NATO became guilty of the crime. This is the clearest document that NATO is waging this war. The probability that it is so is very high.”
Further, Duran Kalkan stated:
- “The same question goes to the US as well. For some time we have been observing that people in the U.S. are very interested in the war, want to be informed and are very worried. We were a bit surprised. This is the first time that the U.S. has been so concerned about a war. Is this concern because the PKK is revealing information and they are becoming guilty of crimes? This is a possibility. Do they allow TR to use tactical nuclear weapons? Or use them secretly. What if they use them secretly? If they allowed them, don’t they kill the Kurds themselves? (…) That is not the way to do it. In fact, this situation should be made clearer. This is a serious situation. It is not the time to leave us to say what we are doing. Everything is clear now. The U.S. and NATO should make statements.”